Since 1963, Parrawa has encouraged its members, their families and their guests to partake in outdoor sporting activities.
Being centrally located in Perisher, within the NSW Snowy Mountain region, snow skiing, snowboarding and snow shoeing are the most popular winter sporting activities, with members enjoying bush walking, mountain bike riding and fishing in the summer months.
Below are a list of sporting activities and competitions that members and their guests may be interested in:
- Perisher Cup: The annual Perisher Cup commenced in 1950’s and is organised by the Perisher Ski Resort and Cooma Ski Club. The Perisher Cup is a team activity with four participants, each of whom competes in three events: Cross Country 4X2 km relay, a Giant Slalom and the best of three jumps.
- Australian Masters Alpine Championship: For those aged between 30 and 75, this two day event (early September) gives competitors the chance to compete in Super G, Slalom and Giant Slalom.
- Perisher Winter Sports Club: (WSC) conducts a variety of season long programs specially designed for enthusiasts to develop and progress their snow riding skills. The program caters for kids three years and over to adults who are interested in recreational skiing through to racing and boarding competitions.
- Snowy Mountains Trout Festival: Held in late October / early November, this annual tournament runs over 7 days and offers anglers daily prizes and the opportunity to fish in some beautiful locations. For more information, visit https://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/snowy-mountains/cooma-area/adaminaby/events/snowy-mountains-trout-festival
- Walking trails in Perisher: Starting at Parrawa’s back door is the Porcupine Rocks walking trail, which is a leisurely walk requiring medium fitness. The National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) have compiled a list of marked walking trails throughout Perisher. For more information, either visit the NPWS office in Perisher (next door to the SkiTube terminal) or visit www.environment.nsw.gov.au/nationalparks/parkWalking.aspx?id=N0018
- Mountain Biking in Perisher: Summer accommodation at Parrawa allows for a number of excellent rides around Perisher Valley and surrounding districts. Perisher is home to a variety of great riding experiences on some of the highest mountain terrain in Australia. From an easy 4km ride around the village to the challenging 20km return from Perisher to Charlotte Pass, there is something for everyone.